• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Rally new date!

CGarbee

I'll pass this info onto our East Coast Convoy websmaster as he'll have to update that as well...
BTW: registration for the 2009 convoy is active, and we have a dedication page on the site for our founder Bruce Kalin...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, early start Cabell! Fantastic, I'll have to sign up!

I'm kinda glad they are moving the date of the rally to keep it at the stadium. Yes, grass and dirt is better to set up on IMHO, but it was a familiar site, and it really did allow us the space for thousands to meet and spread out a bit. Plus the drone of I-95 traffic helps put me to sleep at night. ;)

powerhouseduece

For all that have been the past few years, how big are the spaces? are they big enough for a m35 and a m105? Also are we going to get one whole area just for S.S.?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bought two spaces for my duece and trailer two years ago and I think I bought two last year for my sons to go while I was in Korea. I know this is a great rally that should not be missed fly in to BWI we can pick you up if you coordinate it. Or if you are airborne drop in we can mark an LZ. I may go for three spaces side by side this time for the duece M109 and the M1031 or go with two deep on one space and the one next to it for three total. It is a great place to fellowship sell extra stuff and buy stuff you need or just want.

Woo Hoo this is getting exciting I hope we narrow down spaces and a map sooner though

HAWKMAN

Re: RE: East Coast Rally new date!

maddawg308 said:
Wow, early start Cabell! Fantastic, I'll have to sign up!

I'm kinda glad they are moving the date of the rally to keep it at the stadium. Yes, grass and dirt is better to set up on IMHO, but it was a familiar site, and it really did allow us the space for thousands to meet and spread out a bit. Plus the drone of I-95 traffic helps put me to sleep at night. ;)
I hear ya! the traffic,belly full of BBQ, and a couple of beers, I've never slept better :lol:

TacticalTruck

This was in my inbox today:

Due to changes forced on us by Ripken Stadium, which unilaterally took our "regular" dates that we've had for the past 6 years, the Rally Committee met yesterday to make adjustments.

We now will have the Rally the FOURTH weekend of May instead of the 2nd.

The Rally website has been adjusted to reflect this.

Ripken has a High School baseball series that same weekend and has imposed parking changes on us.

We have "lost" rows A-B-C from Vendor spaces to general vehicle parking but have gained use of the "VIP" lot for parking on Saturday which we did not have previously.

General parking will be "1st Come, 1st Served"

We will also be using the large school lot across Rt.22 and running a Shuttle Bus for public parking.

Due to the forced space changes, we will have to make some changes for vendors and food locations. These will be published in the M/V mags and ECR Website as part of the Vendor Registration form.

We are establishing a "Large Vendor" area, which means preference for those getting two (maybe three) or more spaces to allow these "serious" vendors who earn their living by vending to be "clustered", so some are no longer separated by big empty spaces of people who get only one space, usually just for convenient parking, and show up only one day, which put some of our larger "serious" vendors at a disadvantage.

This Large Vendor area will be in the Purple and Green areas, starting with Row D and going down to the new Display Area which used to be General Parking.

For those "Large Vendors" who have had spaces in these areas (Purple & Green) previously, we will try to let them have preference for their previous spaces if possible but we have to reserve our right to adjust spaces as needed.

It appears now that the Food Area will be about midway in the Yellow Area.

We are looking at other areas for the ECR for 2010 on but nothing is even seriously being considered as yet. We have to get through 09 first.

We'll keep everyone updated as we move through this.

Sorry for the disruptions but we had no control of this unfortunate situation.

Please bear with us.

Thanks!

Tim Clark
VP, WAC/BG
ECR Chairman

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be GREAT if they updated the maps and the website with the "new areas" and DATES in conjunction with this email. The current maps and link (below) are for last year....

Also, Cdub has the old dates posted. THESE are the new (later) correct dates..

36th Annual East Coast Rally

21st, 22nd & 23rd of May 2009

8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Daily
(Rain or Shine)

Aberdeen, Maryland
Located at the Ripken Stadium. Just west of I-95 Exit 85.
Printable Flyer Available Here
The East Coast Rally opens in 177 days.

Last edited:

sprucemt

I talked to Tim Clark today. There will be radical changes in the space set up this year. The stadium mgmt is taking the first three rows closet to the stadium for event parking. The club is in process of re-laying out the rest of the site. Also the club is looking for a different site for the show, next year.

Oops, I missed reading the post 2 up. sorry.

Last edited:

LanceRobson

Yesterday, I posted a bit of a rant on the choice of the "Memorial Day Observed" weekend and deleted the thread because I'd gone overboard with a comment.

It's frustrating that, for many of us, we got into this hobby due to our interest in honoring the service and sacrifice of our veterans and some of us may need to choose between having our stables ready for parades on Monday the 20th or being in Aberdeen.

I'd rather have seen a different venue used or move the dates to a different month than have this conflict. I, also, realize that there is some intensive work put into pulling these events off and that everyone involved is doing the best they can with the date change so I deleted my post of yesterday, which was overly critical.

I'm sorry to have been such a bonehead.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks