• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ebay Rebuilt starters

CCATLETT1984

unless your truck has already been hacked (converted to 12volt)

Please stick with the 24v starter, they can be completely rebuilt by any competent starter shop for ~$130. Several guys here on the site have extra pulled starters (should be gone through) for fair prices.

If you decide to switch to 12volt, you will be on your own for most electrical issues on the truck.

jj

Funny you should mention it! I just paid my automotive electric guy, whom i've known professionally for all but thirty years, to repair a straight 24volt starter that he sold me in APR 2007. $145 for a new armature, new drive gear, brushes, and a new drive end housing. I had a broken starter bolt for a while that probably caused the drive end housing to crack. The drive gear was just one of those "any given part, any given day" things. The armature on the other hand, was a combination of me overheating it, and the groove that holds the snap-ring that retains the drive gear disintegrating. I was kind of peed about the whole thing, but i DID overheat it when i ran out of fuel last winter. And abuse just flows down hill.

Mike_Pop

CORELOKT;
I've got some brand new 24 volt gear reduction starters for sale. $150 each plus shipping. JJ bought two from me and is satisfied. I've got one in my CUCV and haven't had any problems.

Where is Tug Hill Country? Aren't we supposed to have a more detailed location posted?

Attachments

Last edited:

84cucv1ton

maybe you starter just needs some bit of work. the guy i bring my starters and alternator to. bring him milk crates of them. a lot of the time they only need a small part or something and it costs me like 40 50 to fix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks