• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECC Convoy Central 2009

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, Just got a report from Cabell Garbee. His leg of the southern serial is having some mechanical issues. Brandons Deuce pitched a fan and tore up a radiator and Cabell's 5 tonner is having altenator issues. they are turning back to do some repairs and won't make Doswell tonight. They will however, be there in the AM for breakfast.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that sucks! I would be right there with them if I could have taken the time off work! Hope they get it fixed!

To bad I'm not with them, I have 3 spare alts I was going to sell at Aberdeen Cabell could have used, and I remember changing his in his deuce 2 years ago!

As for Brandon's radiator, that's a rather expensive failure! Hope they get it all fixed alright.

AMGeneral

Well,we made it about 4 miles from the NC/VA state lin,ya'll missed the best part,G/F was coming to Cabell's to pick me up,and her dually had trans trouble,leaving her stranded along I-85.Well,Cabell,Chuck and myself went and picked her up and we came on the the house(mine),arriving about 2 AM Thurs morning,which means Cabell and Chuck got back to his house around 5AM.Cabell and Chuck are gonna leave Cabell's house sometime Thurs AM.

As for me,Aberdeen is out this year,Deuce is stuck at Cabell's and I'm off to see if I can fix a dually this morning.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That really sucks Brandon! I'm sorry to hear about your deuce, and now your G/F's dually! Half of me is kind of glad I missed out on the 'fun', the other half wishes I had been there to help out! :-D

AMGeneral

Well,I talked to Cabell at about 6:30 or so,he and Chuck were stuck in traffic south of D.C. I would guess they were there by now(9:40 PM). I think Cabell got the trailer picked up in Richmond.

As for the stuff I was delivering to the rally,Cabell has the Deuce dump tailgate in his possetion(for 11 Echo).

Maddawg308,

I'm gonna bring the M101A1 and M100 to Cabell's rally over labor day.

jatonka

I'm here at Aberdeen, Mad Dog is here, Scooter and Yankee Deuce and the MTA-NJ is here.I'm hoping to Meet Cabel when he gets here. Im in Red, P 1 and P 2. Jatonka

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Well, I've been at Aberdeen - in the room now, sorry I missed Cabell arriving. Got some pics of the southbound serial pulling in earlier today.

Hope to see everyone in the AM. I have set up in space Yellow U6. Everybody come by and pick up a free magazine from me.

Regards,
David Doyle

AMGeneral

After action report,ECC 2009 fan failure

Well,this seemed the proper place to post my "after action report" on Oddball the Deuce.Went to Cabell's house and loaded the rest of my stuff in my now wrecked Dodge dually,also pulled the radiator for repair.

Fan blade fractured about 1 inch below the rivets with NO warning,clean break,no tears or rust indicating a pre existing crack.

Radiator doesn't have a "hole" as such,the flying part of the fan blade hit the bottom flange of the core(where it is soldered to the bottom tank) and warped it just enough to cause it to pour. There is a 10 inch spot on the lower right of the core where the fan blade rapped across the tubes,just bending several of them.

I hope to have repairs completed on or about June 5th to get the Deuce home in time for the Uhwarrie rally.

Pics

Attachments

Tanner

Hmmm... odd place for a blade to break - hopefully there isn't any tube damage on the radiator.

Glad to see that damage was more or less concentrated to the radiator area -

'Tanner'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks