• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECO Hubs Off Road on our M1078A1

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Collecting while driving reminded me that once the torque converter is locked the rpm's are tied to speed and gearing, not the pedal. So, generally in 2C and 3C the pedal % and rpm's above matched, even under an uphill load.

Though watching our Bluefire glass dash readouts added in the engine torque and load percentage changes depending upon the actual load (down hill, level, up hill), which does potentially confuse the data.

In the end (without directly measuring the control voltage) the pedal percentage appears to provide essentially linear control voltage that while the torque converter is unlocked drives the rpm's. I am still thinking that a throttle control that would reduce the low end pedal control voltage and ramps up later in the pedal travel would offer better control and fuel economy in these vehicles. Without any response from those who understand the CAT ECM my thought is to do this between the pedal and the ECM, modifying the signal the ECM receives. If there is a better why to modify the ECM's response to pedal input that would be my preference–

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks