• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECV Jump Seat w/ AC

Coonass77

Has anyone installed a jumpseat in an ECV with the new style AC (vent box between the rear seats). I have an M1165 coming next week and my first order of business is figuring out a way to add a 5th seat. My initial thought is to build a frame over the AC box and keep the seat as low as possible (it'll only be used by my young son), but until I get the truck and take measurements, I'm not sure how feasible that'll be. Does anyone have any pictures they could share of how they've done it? Thanks!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are riv nuts on top of that black box, used to attach a large ammo can tray, the TOW missle varriant has a
Mount that cradles over the top of it to store TOW missle site assy…

Coonass77

There are riv nuts on top of that black box, used to attach a large ammo can tray, the TOW missle varriant has a
Mount that cradles over the top of it to store TOW missle site assy…
I appreciate the info. I did some searching and found pictures of the cradle mount you mentioned. Definitely looks like something I can work with, now if I can just find one... :) Thanks!

Action

I appreciate the info. I did some searching and found pictures of the cradle mount you mentioned. Definitely looks like something I can work with, now if I can just find one... :) Thanks!
I think retiredwarhorses was telling you to use the rivnuts on top of the evaporator to mount the seat.
Not that you need to buy an ammo can rack to bolt to the evaporator to mount the seat to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks