• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electical problems

trooper632

Evening Gents, This is what I got, 1985 m1009 still 24 volt drove it one day and turned it off, went back about 10 minutes later turn the key and nothing. This is what I have done to try and locate the problem to no avail.

1. changed starter relay under dash.
2. changed out starters.
3. put a new glow plug relay napa GPR109
4. Checked all fusable links I could see.
5. Checked the batteries.

finally took it to a mechanic but dont know anything yet.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not dig out the wiring schematic and a multimeter and trace the problem? Before you spend alot of money on parts you don't need. I had the same problem on my M1008, turned out to be the purple wire had rubbed on the edge of the vacuum pump and was shorting the starting circuit. The purple wire makes a loop outside the loom near the pump and can rub if it pulls out of the loom more than it should. Strange thing about it is that it would not blow the fuse. I was able to find the problem using the schematic and multimeter. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks