• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electric trailer brakes????

southdave

Have search a bit on here for some sort of brake set up for a trailer ( bobcat) all i can find is couple of things about lights has anyone got any Ideas? I got a couple need to test before I post

rmgill

Check for posts by me. I did a trailer brake setup that works well.

Use a voltage converter to get 20 amps of 12 volt power. Power an electric brake controller with it and make sure you feed the brake controller a new 12 volt brake signal off of the air pack (use a Tee if you have to). Run your brake wires (signal and ground) back to your trailer and work up a new connector for just the brakes or as a secondary connector. There's more details, but search for those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks