• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Wiper Install?

dm22630

A few of my extra deuces which are going to be sold have electric wipers, and I want to remove them and put them on my M818 & M35A2s (that I drive & will keep). Does anyone have a diagram of what I am supposed to disconnect & how to hook it up on a truck with air wipers? AND....How do you hook up air wiper on a deuce that had electric ones currently?

Thanks!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just take out all the wireing that is attched to and comes from and put it back the same way on the outher truck.

There is a air tube on the left side of the dash that will run the air wipers.

dm22630

:funny: tell me you expected a post like this........
I figured I would get a couple "worthless without pics" too!

That air tube is pressurized in a stock deuce....BUT....on one with electric wipers, no air comes out....SO.....I was wondering where to reconnect it.

Also....

Before I went ripping the electric wipers & wiring out, I wanted to make sure I could install them in a stock deuce rather easily. Because they were not designed for them & the electrical connections that they require are not on a stock deuce. So I wanted some pics/layout/instructions on what & what not to do.

;)

Michael

I read a post here saying the instructions had been posted here somewhere. I took a set off a truck before i sold it and it was pretty straight forward. I noticed that they had removed a good bit of the air system including the control valve. The electric wipers are a kit. All deuces had air in the beginning.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My reco...just leave the kits on those trucks and find yourself another kit. They are out there in the $200-250 range if you look. I bought one for $250...still in the box. I have not figured out which truck to use it on yet. The hard part is not getting the electric wiper kit off...the harder part is reinstalling the old air wipers.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not trying to give you a hard time sorry. if you trace down the power wire it just goes to the outside fire wall left of the steering column from the drivers seat and there is taps with the breaker for the horn. If you look you should see two breakers where there should only be one if you had air. If I remember right split the power before ether breaker then run the two different power lines to the horn breaker and the wiper breaker circuit.

Last edited:

Crazyguyla

Can you just swap the windshield frames to save some of the hassle? Then if you leave one truck with each type of wiper intact you should have a guide as to how the finish the swap.

Lance
dm22630

I have done the install on Uncle Sam's trucks before. If you can swap windshield frames, it'll save you a lot of measuring. drilling, and tapping bolt holes. The wiring is pretty straight forward.

dm22630

Daniel, my deuce has the electric wipers installed already. If you need to do research, stop on by.

I have them on a couple deuces here.....I really wasnt sure about the electrical connection......but now it looks from these posts like it is a splitter that is hooked up, so I will just move that over also & then I will be good to go.

Thanks for your help everyone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks