• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric wiper motors?

halftrack

I notice just about all the new M series vehicles have electric type wiper motors instead of air. Has anyone converted or found a military looking electric replacement for their deuce windshield wiper motors? Pictures of s setup would be great if someone has already done the conversion.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also check ebay seller Green Gem Army Surplus. He had a complete set in his store for quite a while.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have seen the electric version mounted on a M109A3 I noticed at Chambersburg, Pa. a while back. I worked really well, but to me it looked a little out of place. The main body including the motor and controller were mounted in between the two windows from about halfway up to the roof. There were linkages that transmitted the power out to the wipers much like most vehicles. All the linkages and some of the motor was covered with ill fitted black plastic covers.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am almost positive NickD has the electric wiper conversion in his Deuce, perhaps he will chime in. Builder77's description is spot on (from what I remember).

C

halftrack

builder77 said:
I have seen the electric version mounted on a M109A3 I noticed at Chambersburg, Pa. a while back. I worked really well, but to me it looked a little out of place. The main body including the motor and controller were mounted in between the two windows from about halfway up to the roof. There were linkages that transmitted the power out to the wipers much like most vehicles. All the linkages and some of the motor was covered with ill fitted black plastic covers.
This is the version I would like to see if anyone has a pic.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
halftrack said:
This is the version I would like to see if anyone has a pic.
You and me both. I had taking a picture of that setup on my list of things to do on that trip, but never got to it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to see a pic too, I have 2 motors that are KIA's. Don't know whether for the duece or M715. Would like to find out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks