• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical issue

Capriceii

As I was making my way back from the vet tonight in my M109 in a snow storm I notices that all my lights were pulsing. I looked down and my Generator gauge was pegged all the way to the right..

So what is going on? Has my generator taken a crap or is it just a rectifier issue?

Thanks guys for any help!

Westech

CPL
Well the rectifier and voltage regulator are INSIDE the Alternator.... Best option is get a used take off alternator. There is a member here who has the Regulator/rectifier covers for sale. GIgoeczar give him a PM.. Tell him Westech sent you he give you a good deal.

Notice my Volt gauge on my GMC 2500 the other night. WERE COMING IN HOT!

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Throw a dmm on it to see what your voltage is at first. There is an adjuster to raise or lower the output. I have some good "take off" alts if you can't fix yours.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
could be a short in the head/tail light circut, something rubbing as the truck bonces down the road, the gen/alt will try to keep up

Capriceii

I thought about that too.. But the dash lights still pulse when I turn off the headlights and running lights. and verse visa.. Unless something else is rubbed bare some where else.. Ugh.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
does the pulsing stop after you stop the truck? maybe just leave the headlights on with the truck off and watch for smoke! haha! the only problem is putting the smoke back in the wires after.... i never have mastered that yet. :roll:

Capriceii

I will check the power output. 73, I will see what she does. maybe even disconnect the batt, they were new in the fall but you never know:)

Thanks every one for the ideas, I will report back my findings.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is a brass hex head toward the back of the alt, take it out and the adjuster pot should be under there.

AGE|kshaufl

If you can't figure it out and can still run it...I will be off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. PM me and you could bring it over and I'll get my Fluke out and we can go over it if you like. I live in Stow so I am only about 15 or 20 minutes down the road.

Just an offer from one member to another. No charge...LOL. I might need help too someday.

AKA Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks