• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical problem wipers, lights, fuel guage

dependable

Moving a un messed with 1008 that has been sitting about 3 months, have the following problems that were not there before: Turn on headlights and directional markers on dash glow, battery/volt meter pegs to left or 0, fuel gauge heads to empty.:headlights work fine. Turn on wiper and fuel gauge and volt meter do the same, turn off wiper low coolant light flashes. Wipers do not work. Heater moter works fine. Glow plug relay cycleing after warm up but may not be related. I have tried the following: check and back up chassis ground. test wiper moter, OK try another glow solenoid, relays under middle dash; check voltages and grounds, check for frayed wires. Truck was strait from GL 10 months ago. The only thing I can think of that may be related is that some kids turned on black out lights and drained batteries dead. I jumped with slave cable from another CUCV and then charged batteries. During the diagnostics today, starting became spotty. Will try replacing ignition switch as it is less than $40. Am I missing something ? Thanks

Crash_AF

There is a ground under the dash on the driver's side at about the same level as the generator lights on the kick panel, if it is broken/unhooked all kinds of strange electrical things start happening in the dash.

It is almost certainly a ground issue.

Later,
Joe

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What he said. Personal experience. Mine was showing ALL the symptoms yours is showing. I clipped the broken connector off, put on a new slide on connector and pushed it onto one of the three prongs sticking out from the side wall. ALL those problems were solved.

Crash_AF is correct. Check the ground lead attached to the side wall on the drivers side up under the dash.

dependable

Thanks you guys, the ground wire was exactly the problem. One metal fatigued connector causing so much grief. Does anyone know where to buy new volt gauges( the one over the heater control) mine did not survive the ground out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks