• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical Support

JAsher45

I have a question for you all out there to help shed some light on my question. I have a M1009 that i bought about a year ago. i know the vechilce in and out cause it is what i used as a patrol vechile on my homeland secuirty missions in the states.

Where my question comes in at is will or how much current can i draw off the front battery (12v) with out causing damage to the charging system.

I plan on keeping the truck 24V due to the easy of getting parts and other 24 volt acessories. I just can't wait to getback home to drive it, my current dailly driver is a M1114 up armor HMMWV here in Iraq.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for your service in Iraq for this great country and Steel Soldiers supports the war effort. I think you might be the first person posting from the sand box. Please check back in on a regular basis.
You should be able to draw all that you need. Unlike the dedicated 24V systems. Most of the CUCV runs on the 12V side anyway. One alt charges one battery and the second alt in series assists in charging both IIRC.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you for your service in Iraq for this great country and Steel Soldiers supports the war effort.
DITTO!!!

:beer: :beer:

Jones

Civilian stuff that taps into one of the two 12v batteries in a 24v system seems to mess with the charge rate in that the most fully charged battery signals the regulator that enough is enough and pretty soon you've got an unbalanced set of batteries. Uncle has seen around the problem and though there are more pieces and parts, it gets the job done right.
Keep yer head down and come home safe and in one piece, kiddo.

mangus580

Jones, we are talking about a M1009 here. It has a 12/24 volt system. he Can run any 12v he wants from the front battery without any problems. For that matter, the back battery could be used as well, if the iten being used has an isolated ground.

JAsher45

thanks guys for the input. that is a lot better answer then what i got from my shop warrnet, or any TM for that matter.Thanks agian, I will post pics when i can of all the new trucks that are rolling out over here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks