• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eliminating Starter Relay

m1008chevy

I have a 87 M1008 that has been converted to 12v, and recently I was getting an issue where when I went to turn the key it would just click and not turn over. Changed batteries, cables, starter, but still the same problem. Finally pulled the starter relay out and just jumped both the purple wires, problem solved. My question is can I eliminate the relay altogether and leave both the purple wires jumped together as a permanent solution, or is that a bad idea? Just looking for suggestions.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the 12v conversion you can leave the two purple wires connected. It will not be a problem.

When you sell the truck please inform the new owners of what you did. At some point they will show up here asking what is wrong with their truck - "But I don't have one of those". ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks