• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Email notifications

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just a heads up, today it seems the entire IP span on which our server sets on was blacklisted by spamhaus.org. I'm in contact with our hosting company about this issue. If you don't already have support@steelsoldiers.com as a trusted contact in your email, please add it. I've also reached out to SBL to plead having our single IP whitelisted again. Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Must have been for a days, cause I have not been receiving emails from the site since Friday I believe.
Sbl lists the ip range blacklist starting yesterday around 2 EDT.

And an update, I've added a second IP for the server. Waiting to hear about DNS updates by the hosting. Hopefully it can migrate and not impact users.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is very distressing. I think Gimpy could be right. It could be from those non-dismissible banner and/or box (tab) at the bottom of the page.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or maybe everyone wants to watch world, "pee in a cup" soccer, but I doubt it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just an update. Working with the hosting company. Second IP is confirmed to work via http, so we're going to coordinate the DNS update this evening/tonight. Since both IPs are working it should be a non-event for users. I will update as more info comes.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
DNS entries updated. I'm personally already at the new IP. Haven't seen any 554'd emails back to the server in the past few minutes. Hopefully this will resolve things. Old IP will remain in play for another day or two in the event someone's ISP is very slow on DNS updates.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just push the button to get the banana.

:patracy:

Hopefully everyone is getting their email notices now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just FYI, seems I'm having a forwarding issue from the host now for replies sent to support@steelsoldiers.com. (That email address is supposed to be setup to simply forward to my personal email) I've reached out to our hosting company to see if they can check it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks