• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Emerg. shut off cable handle quest.

Steamynachos

Can any one tell me if the t handle for the fuel shut off cable is threaded on or uses a set screw. I have the cable in my truck but the T handle on the end is missing so I been using pliers can I just buy the handle or would I be better just to order a whole new cable?

papercu

handle

I've never seen just a handle for sale but that doesn't there ain't one. The M809 series should shut down when you turn the switch off but some have been bypass and then you have to use the fuel shut off. Wayne

acetomatoco

RE: handle

And remember that the manual shut down is a one way... it is not spring loaded to close...it is a true emergency shutdown valve... and you have to go under the hood to correct the original problem and to reset the valve....if you try to push it back in from the dash you just bend the wire...The electric fuel shut off in the accessory switch is the preferred way... ACE

papercu

Shut off

I'll be!! I didn't know that, mine(M816) has always been shutdown by the stop and I remember I would have to push it back from under the hood. I just thought the little setscrew clamp had fell off! I found one someplace and put it on the cable and it works both ways now. Wayne

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think you'll have to order a whole new cable. If it is like the one on my 923A2, I believe the handle is crimped into position. Mine has "EMERGENCY ENGINE STOP" on the end in red letters. If you have the Parts & Tools manual for the truck, let me know what the NSN is for the cable. If it is the same as a 900, then I might know where a used one is if you can't find a new one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks