• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Emergency Help, Deadline today, Mechanicsburg PA, 17055

BRob18E

Hello, I purchased an item from Mechanicsburg PA from Govliquidators, and due to my job, former Special Forces, not your typical 9-5 job, and me being "out of town", this didn't get scheduled for pickup and now GovLiquidators say they are going to abandon my item if I don't get it today. Crazy to me since I'm trying to schedule pickup, but they say today is my last day.

If anyone could help get it off the lot, this would be great, or if you know a freight company I will pay to have it come all the way.

It is a big item, it's 48 x 50 x 87 and they say it weights 1400 lbs. Its an Air Beam Shelter, still in the crate.

My phone number is 513 939 5930 (Brian), and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian,
Call Rachel Naster @ Freight Quote. direct line 561 640-7800 or 800 323-5441. She will need your release. She knows the GL system real well and can get someone in there, or scheduled asap.

BRob18E

Brian,
Call Rachel Naster @ Freight Quote. direct line 561 640-7800 or 800 323-5441. She will need your release. She knows the GL system real well and can get someone in there, or scheduled asap.
Thank your for the advice, but this needs to be picked up today, and not scheduled, they said they won't give me more time and it needs to be out today! This is crazy to me, that they will say something is abandoned when someone is trying to schedule a pickup, but it seems like this is the game they are playing. I scheduled Fast Track Logistics to get it 2 days ago, then they call me this morning and say the site says its abandoned, then I call the site (machanisburg, PA) and get Amanda and she says it can be picked up today, then I call FTL back and they say, "did you talk to Chris"? I said No, I talk to Amanda and she said Chris said it was ok. Then FTL said to call Chris, I call Chris and he seems pissed a customer is calling him and asking for some help and understanding, he said it needs to be out by today. This is crazy to me, as they are selling more every week. Then I call FTL back and they say, we will see what we can do, but won't guarantee we can get it. It's funny how a few years ago they took down all the contacts for other shippers other than FTL for Machanisburg PA. I think I'm going to bring this to the attention of the main GL site since I purchase quite a bit from them.

If I was a betting man, they make this "abandonment" happen quite often, but their books happen to show no abandonment since it just so happens they magically pick up these abandonment items for themselves, but hey, that's just my thoughts.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian,
Better call Rachel,
I have had the exact thing happen at the site, Amanda will work w/ Rachel. I have danced w/ Chris also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks