• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine and T-case rebuild

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Assuming the drive train is fully removed, engine ran but a lot of the seals are leaking so I want to replace all gaskets and seals while I have it out.

Assuming no issues with and components and all it neads is seals and gaskets, what should I expect to pay for a rebuild?

What if I have a loss of compression, what could I expect to look at for a bill?

K45

Are you doing the work or was you plan on having someone do the work?

I know I have seen motors in good condition pretty cheap and the Tcase as well. If you are wanting to do the work yourself and do not mind the down time to do the work it should not be bad. I can only compare it to the gas 350 motors and they can be done for a few hundred and thats all premium stuff. Good luck

hobie237

I know this doesn't directly answer your question (I've never really priced out rebuilds- if it came to that I'd do the work myself) but I'll throw out my two cents- I'm planning to find and rebuild a 6.5L for if/when the 6.2 goes. Easy, bolt-in type swap, and a little power boost.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks