• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine assemblies on GL

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Anybody had any luck with 465 engine assemblies on GL? I noticed a couple and they appear to either be cores from a engine swap or refurbished units?? :?:

Also, any preferrence on engine builder, i.e. White, Hercules etc...?

rdixiemiller

I got lucky and got one without a hole in the block. That said, I have not run it. There was a piece of paper on the can that said the engine was running when pulled from a wrecked truck. The pan is damaged where the front axle forward pinion flange spun against it, leading me to believe it was rolling with something way out of place.
The motor turns with a wrench, turbo was good, everything is there. That said, I think it is OK. It is a d series motor, made by White, dated 1989, no rebuild tag.
One of these days I'll start it up.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I swappd a motor for a company in tyler about a year ago. They bought 4 engines that turned out to be really big paper weights. I strongly sudjest you look at the lot or get somebody to look for at it you. Also look for the condition code. A B C etc. I'd hate to spend that much on bad engines.

ida34

I bought a 6.2 in the can and found the repair tag on it. It listed a stripped bolt hole as the reason for deadlining it. I still have yet to find what bolt they are talking about. $77 in the can and only an hour and a half from me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chuck, check the starter mounting holes. They are usually suspect but at that price, who cares. Not the most difficult fix.

ida34

I am just keeping it in the box for a rainy day. If I decide to use or resell I will investigate further. The worst part is that a couple of months ago I was looking for a flexplate. The can had two good flexplates in the bottom. Now I also have an extra engine two transmissions and a tranfer case in my junkvee. I really need to start selling off this stuff. It is nice to have extras.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks