• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine build need advice

jay741

hi ive been a member for a little while and got a m1008 about a year ago. im just getting started to hopefully get it running. when i got the truck a lot of stuff was missing like the ip. so last week i finally got a 6.2 in a can from gl. has anyone ever put a ip from a 6.2 from a humvee into a cucv 6.2? i could use any advice i have noticed the intake manifolds are different. also how do i see if the glow plugs are good is there soming to look for if i take them out like a spark plug. one other thing is would the oil filler tube be able to be switched over? thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the opposite, put a ip from a CUCV into a HMMWV. The HMMWV solenoids are 24 volt, any pump shop will have plenty of used 12 volt solenoids on the shelf. The intake and exhaust manifolds are different, you will need to reuse the vacuum pump with gear drive. The glow plugs can be tested for continuity with any test light or ohmmeter. They are different between the CUCV and HMMWV as well. You can use the oil filler tube from the HMMWV engine as is.