• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine cooling dual thermostsats GEP surplus

craters

Thanks for your help in the Past! I noticed the 6.5 auction engines only have a single thermostat. How is GEP able to cool them in a HMMWV? Are the dual thermostat manifolds over rated? Unnecessary? I recently learned that the diesel powered pickups have a different radiator support than the gas models. I ASSUME the diesels have a wider core. And lastly do the 6.2/6.5 have a oil cooler thermostat and if so where is it? Hope I didnt wear out my welcome.Thanks Ken in Boise ID:jumpin:

Westech

CPL
No oil cooler t stat. When the engine is started the oil flows. and a cool running 6.5 Turbo in a HMMWV? That is a funny one. They run in the 230 -240 range in the current HMMWV's, just on the verge of over heating. That is just how they run HOT. If you can get a dual T stat cross over pipe that would be great on a CUCV, but I never wanted to wast the money. I just remove the stock T stat and install a 180* one and let it be. Seams to work well and have lots of heat in the winter still.