• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine for M35

Robahr24

Im new to any of these miltary vehicles but thinking about getting one. M35 are pretty cheap but I was thinking of a 6-71 instead of the ld-465. Whats the difference between the 71's and 92's and which one would probably be better in on? Also, what would be a good tranny and transfer case to put in it while im at it. I know this is big bucks but these things are worth it.

Too bad the 12v-71 are to heavy and large for these, I worked on one before and after starting it, it was the most bad ass engine I ever heard.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robahr24 said:
.... Whats the difference between the 71's and 92's and which one would probably be better in on?.....
Just 21 c.i. and prob.42 lbs more weight per cyl....!? :)
Nice powerplants but neither one fits in a Deuce without serious work and mods. To long, to heavy to low rpm, to much torque for the stock drivetrain, etc.
If you like power and sound of a two-stroker 6, have you considered the 6V53?

And... WELCOME to green iron world!!!

G.

Robahr24

RE: Re: Engine for M35

I didn't know much about the 53 series. Are they just as reliable as the 71's and 92's? What about power?

Robahr24

I just want something different, maybe thinking of a cat. Kinda wants lots of power but don't want things to get too expensive. I could just put a 5.9 cummins and do minimal work and get 400-500 hp but thats not really original.

Robahr24

Yeah your right about the cat, plus the sound of a 2 stroke would just be awesome. Anybody know how much power you can get out of them before they get unrealiable?

Robahr24

Also, the 6-71 would most likely be too long, but what could be done to put in a 6v71, they are around 2400 pounds which is considerably heavier than the 465, what parts in the front end would need to be beefed up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want the 6V71 plan on completely redoing the steering. I don't think the vee motor will clear it. Tires need to be upgraded for the weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks