• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine number????

jcd-m34

Hi.After two hours with the drill removing paint ,Ijust found the next number in my M34 engine.(OA 331 gas).

It is: M 331 86047.

Any idea about it?

(M) mean serie M?

(331) may be OA 331?

(86047)..............................

Thank you

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, it might just mean that. I'm pretty sure that the Gold Comet I pulled from my wrecker was a civilian version with the 28v stuff added. BTW did you know that Continental also made the OA331 when Reo couldn't keep up with the demand. It was a contract deal and they were called COA331.

ALFA2

Hello All, I have a 465 Multifuel engine, with the turbo off of it now, (in a box), engine has the engine data plate completely faded to metal. The only numbers that are visible are stamped into the engine's data plate: 3871149

also, the casting on the passenger side of the engine block has the following numbers cast in to it: 11610199 and: 7 9 70, (which I figured to be the date?)
Not far behind the generator there is a casting for TD, which may mean that it is a thick deck block. I do not know if this is a Continental, White or Hercules engine, the start is mounted on the passenger side of the engine as well, the truck itself is a Kaiser Jeep 1970.

My question is to all the knowledgeable individuals out there: is it a LD, LDT, or LDS engine and what make/ version is it, if possible to identify from the engine #, cast or stamped in.
Any help and ideas in this is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

ALFA2