• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine oil cooling line??

usmc_05

Right next to my power steering pump return line on my M1009 are two hoses that enter the radiator housing, these two hoses are leaking, not bad, but bad enough for me to want to replace them. I wasnt really sure what they were or where they led, but it appears they come from my engine block and go through my radiator passing directly in front of my fan. I havent really traced them from there. But i assume they are engine oil cooling lines? Therin lies the problem. I cannot find engine oil cooling lines anywhere, which leads me to believe they are infact not engine oil cooling lines. Or my other thought is maybe this is just a j code thing. Any input?

cjkeeliii

Those are engine oil cooler lines. The rubber lines that come from the engine block and lead to the radiator are available at O'Reilly's for sure, and probabaly other parts houses. There is a thread in here somewhere that talks about those being recalled items that were subject to burst. If your lines have that certain manufacture/serial number, you definitely need to replace them. Now on to the hard part. The aluminum lines that go from the rubber lines and pass behind the radiator are not easy to find. My top line is currently leaking due to galvanic corrosion and no one seems to carry that part. So, I'm going to hijack your thread a bit and ask that if any member has those lines--I got the money!!

Sardot1

Search the -20 for "oil cooler" and you will find pictures and instructions on how to change the hoses. Mine were leaking at the radiator end of the hoses. One was fixed by replacing the o-ring seal (a $3 part at your local GM dealer). The other was not so simple and continued to leak after replacing the o-ring. It was leaking thru the crimped-on connector and my mechanic was able to replace just that without replacing the whole hose.

Here is a pic, the brass one is new.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Metal Lines:
Upper - GM 14061344
Lower - GM 14061345

Hoses:
Upper - GM 15548901
Lower - GM 15548902
Dorman 625-154 and 625-155

GMpartsdirect.com shows to be able to get the lower metal line. They might be able to find the upper also. Contact you local dealer.

GM PART # 14061345
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $38.50
OUR PRICE: $22.39

***** Just Googled the upper tube part number and found this site ******
http://compnine.com/index.php?name=14061344
http://compnine.com/index.php?name=14061345

There was a thread about a recall but no outcome posted.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/46745-m1008-m1009-cucv-oil-cooler-line-failure.html

Last edited:

3dubs

Dorman makes complete line kits. You just can't ask for them for a Blazer. It will only show the upper. Just say they are for a K30 pick-up with a J code diesel. The Dorman part numbers are 625-154 (upper) and 625-155 (lower). If you give those numbers to NAPA they can cross reference them.

I just replaced mine. I even contacted Dorman to tell them about the parts not showing up for all the vehicles but they are too bullheaded to listen. All the auto-part stores look the parts up based on the info provided by Dorman. So stupidity rolls downhill.:confused: