• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine randomly cuts off around idle speed

ncduece

my engine will cut of randomly around idle speed. for instance i can be in second gear lift off the throttle coming up to a stop light and it will shut off but will crank right back up. i t was doing it today and i stopped at store and left it running while i went in. about 15 mins i came back and it had shut off, it took a lot of cranking to get it to restart. seems to happen after its warmed up. has any one had this problem that can steer me in the right direction as far as were to look for the problem? it runs fine plenty of power other than this problem

jwaller

ditto. fuel filters. esp if you are having long cranking to get it going. also check for air leaks be that will also give you long starts.

southdave

this happen to me, I had been running WMO for awhile I went out to start it walk back to house and notice it was running had to crank on it for awhile thought it was crappy oil. The next day same thing I change the fuel filter ect... went reprime the pump was dead, replace fuse, and then the pump it totally different truck now

Alredneck

Banned
Yea I would say also replace fuel filter, that lil primary gets stopped up real quick when you run it empty and pick up all the trash and rust from the bottom of the tank. Also check your fule pump they also tend to quit after you pick up a lot of trash. Ask Woody how we know. Check the fuze under the 7/16 ( if I remember just did it the other day ) screws under the cap on the pump. We had to use foil from a cigerette pack to fix ours since we didnt have a spare.

Barrman

Filters, fuel type and idle speed. As said above, change all 3 fuel filters and verify the in tank pump is actually pumping. Not just making noise.

What kind of fuel are you running. Just because the truck will run on stuff, doesn't mean it will run well on stuff. Get a tank of real diesel in there and see how it does.

What is your idle speed at? 800 rpm is where it is supposed to be. I have noticed that a 700 rpm diesel idle is more like 600 and stalling on 60% WMO. If the other variables are ok, turn the idle up a little and see if it helps.