• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine running wide open

Amxhunter

Hmm,

Older truck , been sitting for a while. On start engine runs to wide open. Got to have intake blocked off to stop it.

Looking for thoughts on what to check first , going from simplest to .......

It's a turbo truck, multifuel.

Any input before I go jerking un-necessary parts off the truck would be appreciated.

Westech

CPL
check the leaver where the cable goes in to the injection pump.. could just be stuck and some lube will free it up. other then that ... junk IP pump, but I would start there. if all is free you might be able to get it started and regulate the RPM by blocking off the intake and run some cleaner in the fuel or gas works good too to clean out the pump

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
possibly bad turbo oil seals?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If a turbo pumps oil into the intake, it would have an uncontrolled fuel delivery. That would make a runaway.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I wrote up a story relating to this type of issue long ago but it was simply the return spring on the fuel delivery lever under the hood was missing.

Deuce went through the maintenance shed because of it