• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine swap question again

FreightTrain

Banned
Will a 6-71 fit under the hood of a deuce without major modifications?Also,can a 6 speed syncronized tranny fit behind the engine and not be too long to fit with the stock transfer location(I guess I could move it it push come to shove!).

DT466Man

that would be sweet!!!!! noise doesn't matter to me anyway, i'm half deaf, i like old 2 strokes.

idk if one would fit, but all i could say is find out measurements......i am sure the tranny be made could fit.....

JDToumanian

Sorry FT, but it ain't gonna happen! Think more along the lines of 4-53 if you want a Detroit.

I've got a 6-71 in my 5-ton M52, and it didn't really fit there either, as you can see by the pic...

It's a tight fit on length (the 6th cylinder is into the firewall, there is a custom made doghouse cover in the cab), width (frame is notched), height (front suspension travel is limited).... And this is a 5-ton!

A 4-53T can put out around 200 hp, and is an all-around better fit for a deuce sized vehicle (see 2nd pic). It's what I'm doing when my MF dies!

Jon

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks