• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine, Transmission, Diferential Data Sheet(s)?

oddshot

Is there a data sheet somewhere that lists the various engine, trans and differential specs installed in the Deuce?

Such as Manufacturers, Engine Displacement/Horsepower/torque, or Trans/Differential gear ratios?

Or were they all pretty much the same across the various builders ... like a M1 Garand built by Springfield compared is pretty much the same as one built by Winchester?

I am a total nube to the Deuce (Other than having ridden in a bunch of them back in the early 70's) and trying to learn about them before I buy one.

I *think* I am most interested in an A2 (non-turbo) ... I see that a number of manufacturers built engines for these things. How many and who are they?

Is one engine manufacturer better than others?

How about final drive ratios? Did they install different gear sets for different purposes?

oddshot

Last edited:

AaronW

Hey there oddshot. What you are gonna want to do is download the tech manual for the M44A2 series trucks. You can do it right here for free. Just click on the resources tab above and go nuts. You want TM 9-2320-361-10. Go cover to cover on it and you will get the gist of it. Also, the Deuce forum here is the biggest wealth of knowledge ever. read read read

good luck

Blood_of_Tyrants

Go to the Resources at the top of the page and go to the Vehicle Specs page you will get a lot of the specifications.

As for manufacturers, all deuces from the mid 50s onward were made at the same factory with different owners and names.

oddshot

ASK ... and ye shall receive.

PERFECT!

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Now it falls to me to do the seekin' and findin' out what I need to know.

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate the help!

oddshot