• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine warmer

Hulk5T

Installing block heater,is ok to use the freeze plug just above starter motor and what's the best way to remove plug? Engine is 8.3 Cummins . 1992

ericp351

Had no idea ,how does that attach if u don't mind. Thanks
Drain oil. Pull plug- side pan on drivers side. Install 120 volt heater in place of plug. I think mine was "KATS" or some such. Secure jumper wire neatly and plug in as reqd. Unplug pre start up to save heater. Fleat trucks and busses may wire in a kill switch to watch oil press or some such, but expense not needed with competent owner-operater. Mine was affortable and works well. "Hard Core" types can use with a coolant heater. Anyway, warm oil always best and Cummings seams to condone the elements! Good luck. Will crank better under 20 deg. Happy batteries too.

Hulk5T

Drain oil. Pull plug- side pan on drivers side. Install 120 volt heater in place of plug. I think mine was "KATS" or some such. Secure jumper wire neatly and plug in as reqd. Unplug pre start up to save heater. Fleat trucks and busses may wire in a kill switch to watch oil press or some such, but expense not needed with competent owner-operater. Mine was affortable and works well. "Hard Core" types can use with a coolant heater. Anyway, warm oil always best and Cummings seams to condone the elements! Good luck. Will crank better under 20 deg. Happy batteries too.
Thank u very much,very helpfully!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks