• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine weight

Mark3395

Does anybody know how much an LDT engine weighs? Seems I may need to get one dropped into a truck, and will have to transport it.

Plan is to put it in an M101 trailer and tow it behind a 1031, so capacity of both the trailer and the truck is an issue.

Thanks.

Mark3395

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who can't follow links, they hover at around 1800#. Mark, nice to meet you at the rally.

Bill W

If you need to be more exact
The Continental book I have for the LDS states 1561lbs for complete engine (dry)

Bill W

Bill I wonder if that does not include the clutch and pressure plate?
Good question
It also gives "Bare" engine weight of 1326lbs ( ie less engine cooler,generator,injector pump,etc..etc ) but says nothing about Clutch and plate so I'll assume that its not included in 1561lbs spec either

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another question is the 1561 for just the long block? Are accessories included? I've always thought they were 1700-1800 lbs. I KNOW they will bend a standard cherry picker up into a pretzel, just ask twright to see his old one.:doh: