• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine won't turn up in RPM'S

tourus

Truck is M1010. So what I mean is starts hard turns over alot. and rough runing. first thought was water in fuel so put a bunch of stuff in full tank. And put new fuel filter on. the trucks been running ok but at about 60MPH. started feeling like a hitch or maybe like a trans slip. but not because still will pull hills ok. And was great a 45-50. so I had about a 1/4 tank of fuel left so I go get fuel. drive home from fuel pump. after about 60 mile trip run great whole time expect for the very top end speed thing. So the other day I get in to go to work cool morning 30 degree's or so start to drive to work truck engine won't turn up to get over 30 MPH. so I turn around limp back home2-3 miles. jump in jeep go to work. work 3 days so just let it set. jump to day. start truck smock filled the drive and street for quite some time but had to leave foot on pedal for it to run and the smoke is real white and rich in fuel smelling. the smoke never real did go away. so thought ok take air filter off. start no change. so left foot on pedal a while . ok will idle but sounds as if stughleing to rest foot back on pedal stalls out starts right up but stalls. so drain all fuel about 17 gals. put about 8 back in and take filter off drain best I could. put back on finally get started no changenow wont run long enough to even get out of cab. So after 5-6 hours messing around said enough for today got to work in morning all weekend so time to think about getting supper and into bed 3:45 am comes early. well then I said lets look at all the TM'S an line here. Well now I am questioning HOW TO USE the manuals I got them to down load but pages won't turn and jump all over the place. when try to find trouble shoot section. but will look again later and I can't seem to make any changes to them with the tool bars or anything. well now I will say I am looking for input in to engine trouble and manuals. sorry so long but need to give back ground as well. and by the way the truck is a daily driver .

Keith_J

Have you checked the fuel pump? This is driven off a lobe on the camshaft, old school style.

If the fuel pump is good, the problem is in the injection pump. For you, a rebuilt swap would be in order, if you can figure out the pdf TMs. You know how to use DoD TMs, right?

tourus

well I have not check the fuel pump will monday when I get out of work.

I thought I knew how to use the manuals. I use tec manuals all the time but they are from dealers and from cat. and cummins but I guess maybe not DOD. I would say down load and find the section you want and read it until you under stand it . I did down load the pdf form but still had a time with it. found that I could not use the tool bar and it was hard to turn to the section I wanted. for example the troule shooting I put the awwor on it the hand pops up so click it nothing happens so try to scoll down but it just jumps all over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks