• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engines from GL..?

tamangel

What kind of luck have you guys buying engines from GL? I see many Cummins 4 cyl units but not to many LDT or LDS's.. Anyway to gauge usage/hours..?

Mike

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Got a 6.2

it's a pig in a poke-you might buy a perfect, freshly rebuilt unit or one that has 90% blowbuy and 4 lbs. of oil pressure at redline.

I am astonished at the prices multis bring on GL.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Got a 6.2

David, is that a wire cutter on the front of your tow rig, if it is you must really live in the bad part of town , you must know the meaning of URBEN WARFAIR first hand

houdel

As stated, you can buy a pig in a poke. There have been many LDT/LDS engines on sale in the past at all sorts of prices. I bought two out of Columbus about a year ago for something like $400 (N/A) and $450 (C Turbo). Haven't done anything with them yet so I don't have any idea how good or how bad they are, other than they are both complete and there is no daylight shining through either one. The Turbo engine did come with a pleasant surprise - a NIB, NOS ether start kit, still in the factory sealed carton!

At about the same time there was an obviously fresh rebuilt LDS engine on auction - fresh paint, fresh decals, all openings sealed with plastic plugs etc. As I recall, that engine went for over $5000!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a LDT for $170.00 from GL about a year ago. It was listed as a LDS but for the price I can't complain. There was paperwork with it that said it was pulled because of "excessive oil consumption" but it was complete. From what I've seen on GL they were either pulled because of some problem or rebuilt as new with few in between.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Got a 6.2

73m819 said:
David, is that a wire cutter on the front of your tow rig, if it is you must really live in the bad part of town , you must know the meaning of URBEN WARFAIR first hand
I don't care who you are, that's funny.

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Got a 6.2

I got a 6.2 in the can for $70. It had a tag that said a bolt hole was striped and the intake was off. I have not checked any further to see where I need to put a helicoil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks