• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Equipment Log Book

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering if anyone had a pointer to the pages that would typically be in the HMMWV equipment log book? So far I've failed googling to find examples of the pages.

I'm planning on simply starting a log book on my project, but I'm curious what a REAL log book looks like.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering if anyone had a pointer to the pages that would typically be in the HMMWV equipment log book? So far I've failed googling to find examples of the pages.

I'm planning on simply starting a log book on my project, but I'm curious what a REAL log book looks like.
I keep a log for my vehicles on my phone under Notes. Each vehicle has is own section and I have yet to lose my phone unlike paper that I can’t keep track of. I can also print it out if needed. I usually have my phone with me while working on stuff so I can add a pic if needed. Log books look impressive but I don’t know how functional they are nowadays.

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, yes and no. If someone is running a manual system, then the forms go into files. But with the computer system, (was called SAMMS I think when I was in) kept track of all info, IF the operator brought the forms back, AND IF the SAMMS operator input them. A few forms stay in the log book, but most not. DA Pam 750-8 should tell you what forms go where. Its to be had online. The only thing that gets lost more then a log book, is my wife's car keys.

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes, the Da Form 2404. Its used for inspections, services, record of what is needing correction. If the correction is done and parts needed along with sometimes, document number for ordered parts. Very handy form, and this one is computer read. When I did inspections as a contractor, I kept them on my laptop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks