• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Estate sale - lots of green things

m35a2cowner

I was at the MVPA convention this weekend and noticed an announcement saying Jeff Barger had passed away and that his estate was being auctioned off. He was a regular - decent Joe who had a real love of the military and military stuff. And when I say stuff, he had it. There is likely to be some real finds in this auction. Unfortunately, if its not bought by someone who will enjoy it it will almost assuredly go to the scrapper. There are a number of trucks (wrecker) going in the auction as well as trailers shelters and just plain and unplain stuff.

Check the auctioneer's site (site needs some help but you will get the idea, look long enough there are some pictures)

http://www.higginsauctions.com/auction_detail.php?ID=100577

m35a2cowner

Auction

Here is some more info from a flyer I got.

Auction at two sites
12 trucks --- 35 trailers of different types. small to semi sized
(5) M35s some complete some not, one has long bed
M819 W/w 5 ton wrecker
M275A2
M36A2
CUCV M1009
M52A2
Military Blazer
Lots of M35 parts engines, transmissions, winches (50) exhaust systems for m35s. Towing lifting attachment for 5 ton tractor. Something called a pipe grapple, generators, electronics shelter, expandable shelter ect.

This is not even 10 percent of the stuff listed. I don't have a scanner but I'll see if I can't get someone to scan the brochure to post. You could always call the auctioneers and ask for a flyer if your interested
From the brochure
Ben F. 740-387-5111 Ben A. 740-389-6202 Brad 740-389-5808

Hope you find this interesting

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone going to preview this stuff? Anyone going at all? There are lots of things I have ??? on. I've got contacts in Daton to help me with removal.

m35a2cowner

Preview

I didn't see anything about a preview time. If there is and I can get time off of work I can take a look. It might be helpful if there are several requests for a preview. I'll make an inquiry, others might ask and post the response they get.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might go. I've got family in Cinti so I can store whatever I buy until I get a good deal on shipping. I don't see any viewing times posted though.

m35a2cowner

Estate sale

I just got off of the phone with Ben (Ben Higgins Auctioneers) at 740-389-6202. He said he would be happy to try to answer any questions anyone would have about the auctions. He said its difficult to contact the widow but he would try. He says there are also more pictures of items than are at their site.

CCATLETT1984

I would be very interested in one of the smaller trailers for my truck. its around a 4 hour drive for me, If anyone is going that lives closer, would you be willing to proxy bid for me? PM me, please. I could come down that weekend, but it would be a complete waste if the trailers end up going for too much. let alone the waste in time and fuel. I wonder if you can pay with plastic over the phone?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks