• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Euc Approved. Recovery story to follow.

ida34

After a couple of weeks my Euc is approved. I can now pickup my M818. I may have it shipped but will most likely tow it back with the deuce next week. Pics and story to follow. I also need to post pics of the upgrades I have been doing to the deuce to get it ready to make the trip.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good luck Chuck! :beer:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chuck what would keep you from driving it back? I know the cummins purred all 1,200 miles for us. If the truck is in running condition getting there and doing the PMCS might be better than trying to haul it with the duece. I am quite confident in my duece having used it to haul the M 127 with my dolly convertor but the M818's are so sweet with power steering and all the thought of not driving it would drive me to reconsider towing it. I know you will have a good reason to do whatever you need to do but I really enjoyed our trip in ours.

ida34

I will not have another licensed driver with me and do not want to get insurance on the truck until I get a title in hand. I may try to take my excursion down and towbar it back with the truck. The biggest problem with this is the fact that my truck does not have a neutral for the transfer case. I would have to pull the rear drive shaft on the excursion. I still would have to pull the drive shafts on 5 ton so I guess there would be nothing lost there. I am still evaluating my option. I may have a driver that can drive me down but he may be tied up. I also have to check to make sure I can get the axle clamps to attach to the Excursion. I may also have a line on a shipper and if that works out I would much rather have it hauled.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a thought, take the deuce and towbar and tow the deuce back. If you run into problems with the 818, you still have the deuce to finish the job. If given the choice, I'd rather pull with the 818.

mangus580

Could drive your 1009 down too, and towbar that back with the 818... would be alot easier than towing the excursion wouldnt it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks