• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC for M1009...Whats up?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
It is my impression that they are just tossing things that don't need to be into the EUC catagory. I have been seeing CUCVs and M105 in both categories. Kind of a PITA as I am bidding on one M1009 that is in the EUC category, so I am going to have to wait to pic it up.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: EUC for M1009...Whats up?

builder77 said:
It is my impression that they are just tossing things that don't need to be into the EUC catagory. I have been seeing CUCVs and M105 in both categories. Kind of a PITA as I am bidding on one M1009 that is in the EUC category, so I am going to have to wait to pic it up.
Thats kinda why I brought it up....Real PITA if you want to just pick it up as I have done several times in the past.

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: EUC for M1009...Whats up?

So you get the NSN for the item in question and call DRMS in Battle Creek for the current Demil Code for said item...

dilvoy

There has been too much stuff that should have been demilled or that should have had an EUC being sold and they are just slapping the EUC on anything that looks tactical. Machine gun mounts on E bay don't help things either. I guess those not demilled F14's were the last straw. It just takes one or two people to mess up things for everyone else.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
dilvoy said:
Machine gun mounts on E bay don't help things either.
Hey you never know when that deer will jump out in the road in front of you. It is either you or the deer, and I would feel safer if I could take it and its family out before it tried to play chicken with my car. Besides it is armed with antlers, so I am just evening up the odds. :wink:

Michael

I just bought two and had to turn in an EUC. I sent it in on 7-2 and it took them until today (7-10) to send it on to the feds. My big question is, if it has been reclassified to B/Q do they have to go back and get EUCs on all of the ones sold in the past or do they have a choice in whether or not to make it retroactive?

Michael

You agree to send in an EUC if any item is changed when you buy anything from GL. They do it all of the time. All they can do is ban you from buying anything else and they have done that to. My question is do they always make it retroactive or not? The below is clipped from the Terms and Conditions when you place a bid.

# Prospective buyers are notified that property sold is subject to Demil Code changes as imposed by the DRMS. If an item's Demil status changes to �B” or �Q�, you agree to complete an EUC (DLA Form-1822) when informed of the change and requested to do so. Buyers will be notified in writing, with an explanation of the sale/lot/ item in question, and a copy of the End-Use Certificate will be provided for completion. This becomes a condition of sale.

dilvoy

GL dosen't like the idea, they just want to make as much money as possible with as little effort as possible. There is an effort by Aviation and electronics buyers of Government surplus items to keep the DOD from deeming just about anything a Demil item and effectivly putting them out of business. Throwing things on the scrap pile hasen't worked to solve the problem either as people buy the scrap and instead of processing all of it, it is picked through first for sellable items that were put there so as not to go to the public or a foreign nation. So be glad you already have your CUCV's without an EUC attached as you would be responsible for it long after you sold it, if you were the original surplus buyer. You probably might not be put in jail if the third owner down the line did something bad with it, but you would probably have to shell out a couple of bucks for legal advise or maybe you would go to jail even with good legal advise.