• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

European Style Blinkers

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Came across a set of European blinkers and as I was doing other things to the deuce today (fixing door latch, fixing window seal), I figured I put them on and see what I thought.

Removed the wire cover from below the fender, wired them in and voila! I have new blinkers.

Prognosis: I'm going to have to put a sticker on my windshield to block the drivers side glare, but definitely make the deuce more noticable to vehicles on the side of me at night. I also like the fact I can now see if the blinkers are on.

Not very tactical, but very practical.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks fine Ken. Now tell me, what's in the steel cans along the wall on the left side of the pics?

jimm1009

I have these too.
How about a shield attached to the top of the brushguard / mount for the left loli-pop light.
It would resemble the chrome headlight visors used back in the 50'd and 60's that kids put on their cars except that the enter is placed at the 02:00 position.
I made one out of .045 thick mild steel with a size of about 3 inches x 4 inches and then trimmed it down on the corners to prevent stab wounds while working in the area.
It is riveted in place but welding would certainly work too and it sure helps with the glare.
I would imagine that everyone would want these if they knew how really helpful in pulling into the left lane or turning left.
A lot more other drivers are aware of what you are going to do and they move so you don't "squash" them.
Jim ;-)

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have these too.
How about a shield attached to the top of the brushguard / mount for the left loli-pop light.
It would resemble the chrome headlight visors used back in the 50'd and 60's that kids put on their cars except that the enter is placed at the 02:00 position.
I made one out of .045 thick mild steel with a size of about 3 inches x 4 inches and then trimmed it down on the corners to prevent stab wounds while working in the area.
It is riveted in place but welding would certainly work too and it sure helps with the glare.
I would imagine that everyone would want these if they knew how really helpful in pulling into the left lane or turning left.
A lot more other drivers are aware of what you are going to do and they move so you don't "squash" them.
Jim ;-)
Sounds like a fine plan. Driving it tonight though, I really didn't have issues with turning. Mainly it was backing, but I have resolved that issue (See the thread "My wife's gumbo ROCKS!"