• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eve of Destruction

Uglyranger

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is a picture of Eve of Destruction on it's way to the port to be shipped to the United States 11 June 1971.
Eve of Destruction, 5 ton gun truck, 523rd Transportation Company, is the only surviving gun truck from the Vietnam War. Located at the U.S. Army Transportation Museum, Ft Eustis, Virginia.

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove all they way there a few years ago on vacation. Just to see it. They had it in the back restoring it. Where you couldn't see anything under some tarps. I had to sneek around a baracade and lift a tarp to see it. It was still worth it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I absolutely love that overhead shot of Eve on her way to the port. Wish I could get a nice high res of that pic for my collection. Next time I visit the sister, I'll go spend an hour with Eve.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note that in the museum they got the truck jacked up on stilts to keep the tires eternally looking fully inflated, even when the air pressure bleeds down over time to nothing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks