• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ex-Squid in a CUCV

Squid in a CUCV

What's going on people? Another new guy here. A little background about myself, 14 year Navy vet (Machinist Repairman), got out to raise my three boys. Moved back to Up-State NY, purchased a rust free 85 M1008 with 64K miles for a winter truck and potentially to haul my race car... The truck as she sits has a few issues... Suspension (flat), tailgate brackets (missing), blackout light switches (missing), possibly charging issues (need to get her running again and check output of alts), glow plugs (new ordered), maybe the glow plug card/module?... Fired her up and as she was idling the volt meter was dancing back and forth like the plugs were being energized/de-energized... Need to replace the baby blue dash that somebody put in it... :mad: (Baby blue... Really? who does **** like that?). Anyway, I'm here to learn as much as possible, fix/repair and build my truck to where she will be reliable & dependable. I've been looking at the Tm's as well as peoples posts in-order to get a baseline knowledge on these trucks... So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying this site/forum!

Well, back to the driveway I go.

R.Fife

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site from Lockport NY , great site , lots of info , take the time to explore and let me be the first to say " read the TM's" LOL , good luck

Squid in a CUCV

Welcome to the site from Lockport NY , great site , lots of info , take the time to explore and let me be the first to say " read the TM's" LOL , good luck

Thanks guys... I've always wanted a CUCV and it just happened to be that one came up for sale in my time of need. :naner: I've been reading the TM's trying to trouble shoot the various issues. Onto the electrical portion now. (charging) :???: