• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

expanable van body

tm america

anyone know the weight of an expandable van body.also what are the inside demensions of an expandable van body when expanded.i'm looking to make a camper trailer out of one to pull behind my m35a2c:roll:i'm gonna use a house trailer frame i cut down with three axles.i'm leaving enough room in front to keep my quad and generator

papercu

Not sure about the 5t and trailer but I would think the 5t has to be longer than the deuce. Which do you have? Wayne

Last edited:

area52

The expansible van body is an M4 and the M820, M292A2 and what ever the trailer model is, they all are the same size. Look in the TACOM in the tech manual section and I think it tells the dimensions.

papercu

For the 5t the chassis is a M812A1 and listed as 20,810 while the M820 is listed at 28,195, the M820A1 is listed as 27,895 and the M820A2 is 30,195 Subtract and that should be close. The van weight are Empty W/O Winch. Wayne

papercu

For the trailer there are:
M313 Expansible Van Body at 8820 lb
Dimensions (Inside):
Height, to Ceiling . . 75 in. (190.50 cm)
Length . . . . . . . . 203 in. (515.62 cm)
Width:
Retracted Position. . 82 in. (208.29 cm)
Expanded Position. . 153 in. (388.62 cm)

tm america

ya i was thinking about 8000i knew they were shorter inside than a m109 but wasnt sure how much.the width seems like it would be more there so many different listing as to the size and weight one i seen said 20000lbs for the weight :roll:i was figuring they were about 12 ft wide anyone actually measure thiers to see

tm america

that helps thanks .i am having a problem opening the tms my abobe reader needs to be updated.great pis :-Dhas anyone else made a camper out of one of these:?:

goldneagle

ya i was thinking about 8000i knew they were shorter inside than a m109 but wasnt sure how much.the width seems like it would be more there so many different listing as to the size and weight one i seen said 20000lbs for the weight :roll:i was figuring they were about 12 ft wide anyone actually measure thiers to see
"In the traveling position, van truck bodies are 17 feet long by 8 feet wide... When in the field, van sides are expanded to give a width of nearly 14 feet"

This is from the operating manual.

tm america

does anyone have the measurements for the mounting tabs in the frame starting from the back. so i will be able to get my braces in the right place .for when i go to pick it up next week:roll:if not more pics would help

area52

I had bought an M292A2 - the deuce version, a couple years ago with the intention of making a camper/tow rig out of it. The engine was the non turbo version and it just did not have the power I needed to tow anything and get anywhere in a reasonable time.

I think they would make a great camper if you can figure out how to install something on the sides/floor/ceiling that would slide out when expanded.

tm america

i was gonna mount my bathroom in the front then the kitchen .and in the back a couch that turns into a bed on one side .and bunk beds on the other side .the couch will be mounted on a slide and the bunk beds will fold up and be on a slide as well :roll:i already have a 32ft class a i'm gonna get my parts from :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks