• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

expando van followed me home

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I made it up to Redstone today to recover my M195 Expando Trailer.
Murphy must have been preoccupied since I had zero problems with the pick up or the ride back home.
It is a heavy bastage and the little M275 tractor earned it's pay pulling it back.
On one hill I was in Low Range 2nd gear to get it to pull.
Tomorrow I will open it up and see how it looks.
These pics are at the house after I got back...forgot to take the camera.

Attachments

tm america

nice find those type of expandible are harder to come by did they use a canvas side when expanded or were they just open to the outside:roll:well i look forward to seeing the rest of the pics when you open it up

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
nice find those type of expandible are harder to come by did they use a canvas side when expanded or were they just open to the outside:roll:well i look forward to seeing the rest of the pics when you open it up
I have seen the canvas sided ones set up in the field...this one has what appears to be metal sides laying across the storage bins....if so it will make a nice hooch for rallys.
I can't wait to get it set up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shopset, generator repair. Are you sure it's an M195? I'd bet M447C on an M295 chassis. I see it still has the aluminum panels to enclose it once open. Should have the A/C from hell in it along with 2 60,000 BTU heaters (unless already stripped). No telling what you will find in the boxes. I had an identical trailer and couldn't give it away. Sone feller in Bama bought the chassis. LOL. I think I still have the rear mudflaps for the thing.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Kenny.......said trailer is still out in the yard awaiting transmorgification into a beavertail lowboy.
I am trying to sell the van to the guy that owns the big offroad park near me....he needs an office for the site and if he will take it I'm going to try to keep the trailer.
Maybe it is a M295...I looked at the tag but CRS is dogging me.
There are some tool kits and misc stuff in there...what looks like a big cable cutter and a long power cord. Most of the drawers I have peeked in are empty.

omega231

those are mine srodocker... but i have to give doc a major thanks for helping me out with them. never could have done it without you doc! thanks! :-D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good lord, we can put enough sweet tea in that thing for the next 5 Ga Rallies!

:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks