• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Expanovan question - workbenches

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question for you guys with expansible vans (M820A2, M313, etc) that are set up as maintenance shops. When there are two rows of workbenches flush with the sides of the non-expanded van, what happens when you expand out the sides? Is the idea that more soldiers can work on things on the opposite side of the workbenches? Are there drawers that face that direction as well? Thanks in advance . . . could not find any pics of this when searching.

goldneagle

Question for you guys with expansible vans (M820A2, M313, etc) that are set up as maintenance shops. When there are two rows of workbenches flush with the sides of the non-expanded van, what happens when you expand out the sides? Is the idea that more soldiers can work on things on the opposite side of the workbenches? Are there drawers that face that direction as well? Thanks in advance . . . could not find any pics of this when searching.
My M820A2 came empty. The only things i found inside the box was the two boarding ladders.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When the sides are expanded the drawers will open either way allowing access from both sides.
Since my intention was not to use the van as a workspace I removed the benches.
They are VERY heavy and hard to work around. They are also wired into the body.
They are for sale if anyone is interested.

laserlee123

My m820a2, came empty too, only some stablizers and a fuel heater, no Air unit, or electric heater,

Anyone know what I can but in for an AC unit?

I have a coleman RV one, but would like to keep it somewhat original,,,,,(super singled it, and a custom airseat) I know not too original

reb87

I havent seen benches in any expansible vans(m447 and 820), only the vans(m313) that have sides that fold up and down(are open when expanded)