• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Export CUCV from the USA to the Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPR

Hello everybody on S.S.

I'm new here on the forum and I've some questions I couldn't find here.
I was on the forum before with a picture of my M1008 a loooong time ago,
but no further info as I´m not so good to write in your language but I try !

I owned a 1985 M1008 CUCV but sold it about 5 years ago,and now I want to buy 1 or 2 CUCV's back,at the moment I couldn't find CUCV trucks in a good condition overhere so I try to find some in the USA,I'm welwilling to pay top $$ for the right vehicle.

I'm looking to buy a CUCV M1009 , M1008 and/or M1028A3 ,but are there any problems with export from the USA to the Netherlands ?
If there are no problems is there anybody out here who have a nice CUCV forsale or know where I can find them ?!

Best regards from the Netherlands,

Fred

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fred,
After you find a truck, you will have to find an export broker to get all the correct paperwork filled out before it leaves the USA. They are on the 'munitions list', although a civilian truck (12 Volt) of the same era would not be. Those are the rules. If it's already outside the USA, well, that depends on what the country of current registration has to say.2cents

papercu

He did sat picked up by the broker - and that implies getting the customs clearance!
Actually he said "no questions asked, picked up by your broker" it may just be me but it doesn't sounds as if he cares about going by the rules.
From the EUC, note the "I" part.
"Should I transfer this property to a foreign country, a non-U.S. Citizen/National or a non-Permanent US Resident, I will obtain any required authorization before making such transfers."
Would you trust the other guy broker to "CYA"

If it was as easy as just getting a broker to handle the transfers G/L would be selling to overseas buyers.
If you complain about the wait time on your EUC just try waiting for a State Department approval. But go for it. Wayne
U. S. Bureau of Industry and Security - Enforcement Case Summaries: Military Vehicles to Vietnam

Last edited:

2deuce

I have a truck I'd sell too, I didn't have a EUC on it. I do not know what is required to get it overseas. If the buyer has the paperwork and I have the payment. I'd deliver it to the closest port. The thing to watch out for is all the scams. For awhile there somebody was finding money in Iraq on foot patrol or liquidating an estate in Great Britain and sending me an email every other day. They sure do find alot of cash in metal boxes over there in Iraq.

maynard83

Once you do all the paperwork, legalities, permits, etc your best bet is to purchase at least 2 vehicles and ship them in a 40 foot shipping container. Prices vary but I think the shipping is going to cost you around $4,000.00 - $5,000.00 USD or there is another method called RORO (Roll On Roll Off) where your vehicle is driven on and then off the ship, it is cheaper but as is obvious it is a lot riskier. Some of the suggestions here are very good and you should use it

I use my uncle and his crew for my international shipments, they are professional and have never failed me and my company and take care of all the paperwork. If you like I can provide you with his info. Just send me a private message.

baddy3

I have one 85 1009 in top condition in Bosnia, just been repainted, dashboard and door side panels upholstered, etc... I might consider selling it as I'm going to Afghanistan and don't have a place to leave it. you could drive it to Holland....let me know if you would be interested...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simply put, your best off looking at Businesses that sell MVs, and Export them as well.

Soliciting the Forum here, is not only risky, but complicated and kinda breaks some rules here.

Good Luck on your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks