• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extending the front bumper

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled off the front bumper today, got to weld the right side back on. It was welded before and the weld broke. (I'm going to put some 1/4" plate behind it for support) I'm thinking of extending the bumper out while I'm at it. I kind of like the winch look, although I probably won't put a winch on it for the time being. I think I'll put in a storage compartment between the frame though. I also want to rig a crossbar wtih an attachment point so I can mount my 3 point lift boom (from my tractor), and I can use a chain hoist with that. Have any of you done an extention without a winch? I have some 6" C channel I can use with some extra steel added, or maybe I can find someone close that has left over frame pieces from bobbing a deuce. I don't think I'll worry about raising it too much higher though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks