• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra Documentation

bottleworks

A few weeks ago I was working on the Deuce and flipped up the driver's seat bottom. Low and behold, there was a packet marked Urgent all over it. Unfortunately, it was completely wet and a mouse had made a nest out of it. I pull it out and I was able to recover two documents and a floppy disk. I am having trouble remembering where I put my firewire cable for the scanner...So I can't scan the paper documents....I will find it (The house is just a mess right now).

I was able to get the documents off the floppy disk. They are in a format I have never dealt with. It looks like there is a listing of VIN numbers in one document. If anyone wants to mess with them, I have the disk compressed as a .sitx and a .zip.

The files are:
TRANSFER.XFR
FLOPYDIR.@@@
DISKNBR.001
AWCMX501.XFR
AWCMX501.HDR
AWCMX500.XFR
AWCMX500.HDR
AWCMX402.XFR
AWCMX402.HDR
AWCMX005.XFR
AWCMX005.HDR
AWCMX003.XFR
AWCMX003.HDR
AWCMX002.XFR
AWCMX002.HDR
AWCMX001.XFR
AWCMX001.HDR

You can get them @:
http://users.wildblue.net/bottleworks/Disk-try-1.sitx
http://users.wildblue.net/bottleworks/Disk-try-1-zip.zip

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a ULLS disk.. Once the wrench turners figure out what parts they need, they input it onto computer, then bring it (back then) by floppy disk to the supply guys computer.

From the DODAC, I'd bet that the truck itself was part of the 366 Chemical Company (Smoke Generation) out of Ft Stewart GA....

The "VIN #'s" are actually document #'s for requistions.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Technically Inspect to 10/20 standards.. Basically, see what it would take to get it 100% fully mission capable.. Nothing broken, wrong with it, ect.... Make it like it came out of the factory MECHANICALY SPEAKING...... DOESNT mean pretty, just means working...

NEIOWA

bottleworks said:
Any ideas as to what "TI TO 10/20 Standard" is?
Pull out you copy of the -10 operators manual and -20 Main manual and inspect/repair such that there are no deadline gigs as per the PMCS. Turn in point frequently required many other repairs, occasionally such that there were no gigs as listed in the -10/-20 inspection.

Most/many of the armored vehicles we dumped in the ocean under clinton were brought to -10/20 (at great effort/expense), fluids removed, engines removed and then they were dump the ocean.