• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extreme RV from M36a2

daddy2

I Posted before about my plans. Well this past week I was able to start working on them. I am making a RV out of my M36a2. It has a longer bed to accommmodate the larger family. I am making the camper box out of a shipping container. I ordered a 40' container, took 17.5 feet for the RV and I was still left with a 19' piece for a storage shed. I just need to put on the end wall for the shed. I am posting a lot of pictures. I know most people like pics so I hope this doesn't over load the site.

Some stats: The weight of the truck pre-RV was 14,800 lbs. This included a half tank of fuel and me 200lb. Weight taken at a Quarry scale. New weight unknown yet. I took of the troop carriers and I will remove the tailgate. The overall heigh with container on is 10' 11" at heights point. Hope you guys like the pics.

Tlauden

Your using the sites attachment option? You can't have them on a remote site and use the code to show them here, that don't work. If your still having problems let us know and we can figure something out

daddy2

OK, I think I got the picture problem sorted out.

Attachments

whyme

already cut now but had you considered extending the box over the cab? if not for a bunk at least for storage, ac, ect.

daddy2

Whyme, Already thought of it. See the lower section of the piece I cut. It is about 32" wide. It is pic 7. I am going to use some of that to put a section over the cab and I am going to open the cab to allow me to go from cab to camper. I am getting too old to get wet.

SPChowe hope your right. I got the inpiration from a travel channel show with off road RV's. I want to be able to take the family off grid camping.

area52

I picked up a smaller container with a forktruck (20' maybe?) and it weighed about 8,000lbs. Thats gonna be pretty heavy even with the bottom and end cut off.

daddy2

Area52, The Tare weight of the entire container is 7940lbs. I am estimating the wight of the section I put on to be around 1000lbs. Won't know for sure until I get it back to the scale.

Formernewguy, I hope it is done enouph to do some camping at next years succex county fair.