• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Factory HMMWV fuel line restrictor?

TonkaT

Are you guys aware of any factory ball checks or restrictors in the fuel line series that limit the allowable flow; sort of a governor. I was told they commonly removed these in the field to gain performance. Unfortunately it was a passing conversation and I didn't get any more detail.

Was I getting a line or is there anything to this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

No such thing intended to restrict fuel I'm aware of. The new 6.5 and 6.5 turbo's have check valves in the supply and return lines I believe . But they are not there to restrict fuel flow to engine.
RWH can probably tell you more.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 3 check valves on new trucks, but have seen them on the GP trucks, one on the fuel filter inlet, 2 at the fuel tank...all are back flow preventers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks