• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Failure instructs best

dirtyfingernails

I'd been experiencing crappy idle in my multi on start up, It took a few throttle gooses to get it to even out. It would nearly stall if you didn't hit the throttle. Anyway, several guys in the mess tent suggested it was air and bad fuel. I drained the fuel tank and I think it had varnish in it (ALL VARNISH). See photos. It smelled like oil based paint (All 25 gallons of it). I drained the primary and secondary filters, cleaned the primary filter, bled the system of air and voila! It fired right up and idled at about 790 or so. Thanks to those with the suggestions. I know you get tired of answering questions for us newbees, but please be patient. We (I) am very grateful.
Steve

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Save it and use it after diluting - one gallon per 50 gallon tank won't hurt your ride, and you'll get a free gallon of fuel per tank.

My two cents anyway.

kc8sfq

Howdy Y'all:
I was at the Medina show (before the girl with the mule messed that up) There was a good looking duce there. I was sitting in the shade iof mine and a fellow came up and remarked that the good looking duce "COULDN'T be a GI paint job. All they did is power wash it and brush on the paint. The army wouldn't do THAT would they?" My response was "you're right... The Army wouldn't have used a power washer"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks