• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fair price for a dropside?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get a dropside for 500.00, is this a good price? Very nice shape, with seats.
Also, if I do get this, I will have a regular bed for sale, with seats. Small rust hole on side, paint is peeling on the tailgate and bumper.
Dennis

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Dennis,
That's the going rate. I got a dropside for Ken from Howard for $250 including missing troopseats. However, Ken doesn't want the seats anyway, just the side rail part. PM me if you want some help with a better price.

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone ever seen one for an M36? How are you guys shipping these things, or is it a mandatory road trip? I've got just the 17.5' behind the cab and was thinking about putting on a bed from an M35 (12') and using the balance for a 5'X8' work cab or utility bed for a welder, etc. I've never seen one of the longer beds for sale so my options are limited. DR - I see your in Houston, I could justify that trip maybe, anything down your way? Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M36 beds are rare. They do pop up from time to time though. Not that you want one but the M-4 van bodies will fit on your truck too. If you were to put the 12' bed all the way back you would have room for a welder, tunnel box or a knuckleboom. Probably have room for the knuckle boom and a tunel box. Lots of options if you don't mind changing things up a bit. Another thought is a 5 ton bed. It's 14 ft which leaves a comfotable 3' for a knuckleboom of whatever.

Desert Rat

BTM,
Howard had a dropside M36 bed about two years ago. What the military did was to take two regular M35 beds, cut the nose off one of the beds and weld the two together. They also reinforced the welded area by putting angle iron on each side of the bottom bed rails (under the floor of the bed) to help stiffen the weak welded areas. Then they cut off the sides, welded square tubing between the supprt tubing on the sides of the outer walls on the passenger side, welded on new hinges and called it done. It was by far the most unique bed I'd ever seen. I've got pics. down in Houston on another computer of the bed. When I get there I'll hunt them down. I was beaten out from buying the trck by some coal company in KY. I really wanted that truck so bad!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks