• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Family Reunion

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Over the last few days I've had the privelege of one of my old deuces coming to visit for brake work. I took the liberty of using the M35 to move the wrecker with the tow bar. At the same time moved the M447C with the tractor. Took a few pics for the heck of it. The sunlight hurt some of the pic quality. The last pic not only shows the mentioned trucks but also the remains of the crushed M756A2, the shop van body behind it and the M103A3 with the S-318 shelter on it. Yeah, my yard looks like a mil bone yard!

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i wish my yard looked like a mil bone yard!!! Kenny that 447c is that a shop or a shelter?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
na kenny, your yard looks like what any selfrespecting mvers yard should look like, ron

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M447C is the shop semi trailer. It has the genset shopset mounted to it. It consisted of 5 loadbanks mounted on the front deck (long since been scrapped), a desk in the front of the trailer, 2 full length workbenches and a full compliment of tools and parts. Also has 2 60,000 BTU multifuel heaters and a 3 ton A/C unit. Atached is a pic of the trailer with one side open!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's another side to the yard too! It only has 20% of a deuce and one M105A2 trailer over there though! Once the crane is working, a major cleanup is in order. My wife has tolerated this so far but I might be pushing her more than I should. I'm thinking if I get rid of the M105, the pipeline carcass and the 20% of a deuce and lots of small stuff, I might be able to bring in one more deuce! The red 530C in AL needs to come home eventually. It was earmarked for the pipeline but I might put together another cargo truck with it. Too many projects, not enough time!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Junk collector, just its all military junk! I love my hobby, or is that, Our Hobby?

Desert Rat

I see Kenny didn't waste any time using the space vacated by the travel trailer! Thanks so much for the help! It looks like you've got enough projects going to keep you out of trouble for a little while.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, Kenny, what is the status on your engine swap?
May have asked about this before, but can't keep it all in the old brain.

I'm asking because I'm still planning a trip down your way as soon as I'm able financially.
It will also be a good test run with the dual tank set-up.

Bjorn

PS. Please, don't scrap the pipeline bed w/o giving proper notice. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dunno on the swap yet. Need to get to Ft Laud to try that engine. Just no time in the near future. Joel has expressed interest in the pieline bed. I won't shread it without offering it to you first Bjorn. Love to get the wrecker going but other logistical issues need to be addressed.

Ugg013

Speaking Of Engines.

Hey:

Here's a real bite. The Frog gets better mileage than my 2001 Durango. Granted I have the 5.9, but 8 MPG is just crazy. :evil: I used to get 18+ until the steale, er, dealer fixed the tranny, or tried to. :roll:

Later
Ugg 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks