• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fan switch wiring

choll

Im having an issue with my fan on/off speed control. The blower works. When I had the dash pad off for replacement I thought I had it fixed. Well it stopped working today. Does any one know of a quick by pass so I can get air blowing to clear my windshield. When I had the pad off I thought about pulling the full control unit but that was way out of my skill set. I dont mind pulling the dash pad if its going to be the last time. I dont mind if the blower is wired in the high mode or low mode.
Thanks

blackhueys

best fastest way for me at least is to just jump from the front battery (12volts!!!) straight to the fan. Of course this is a temp fix as it will run all the time but it will get ya home. I had this happen to me last winter, since then I have made up a 4 foot long wire with a alligator clip on one end for the battery and the other end has a quick connecter to go on to the blower motor.